Greenhouse with double-glazed windows is relevant not only in regions with cold weather masterseptika.ru, but also in other climatic zones such as prolonging the duration of fruit-bearing of submerged plants or yearlong use.
The advantages of these glazing are undoubted:
- Outstanding thermal insulation will protect crops from early frosts.
- Dual glass averts sunburn on the leaves.
- Tight structure reduces heat loss when heating the greenhouse, and consequently saves energy.
- Packages will not suffer with strong winds, hail or rain.
- The service lifetime of glazing together with proper treatment is over just a couple of years.
- The decorative appearance of glazing allows you not to conceal the greenhouse in the backyard, and put in it even in the front yard. Some owners of initial shape greenhouses make them the most important decoration of their yard or backyard.
In addition, manufacturers offer you double-glazed dividers using a set of essential functions, such as special coatings for heating and energy savingprotection against mechanical impacts and reduced temperatures, in addition to soundproofing.
Method of auto-ventilation of greenhouses.
- Double-glazed windows can be with specific vents for ventilation, which are outfitted with apparatus with the use of automatic launching. This is very convenient, since not always the owners have the chance to ventilate the greenhouse punctually. By way of instance, the French are actively using only such greenhouses since the late 16th century to the present moment. Rest assured: a glass greenhouse will become your servant for a long time to come.
- Glass doesn’t retain UV rays, which are critical for rapid plant growth and fruit ripening, thus allowing you to make the most of the power of sunlight.
- If you use laminated or tempered (thermal) glass, this arrangement will withstand the most adverse conditions (precipitation in the form of large hail, extreme heat and even powerful frost is not going to be a problem with the structure ). Additionally, there’s a chance to install heating devices in them.
Needless to say, the glass greenhouse also has disadvantages, that needs to be taken into consideration when building it. For example, the fact that glass is rather heavy substance (1 m² of glass 4 mm thick weighs 10 kg, and 6 mm – 15 kg), must affect the existence of a good base, as well as the construction of a strong structure – framework.
How to Create a greenhouse from yourself
On a bright day, the translucent coating of greenhouses lets short-wave solar radiation. It is absorbed by black surfaces (soil, plants, equipment ), turns right into long-wave radiation and stays within the structure. This very transformation occurs with the release of heat, which makes a greenhouse effect in the greenhouse.
Therefore, glass windows perfectly let the sun’s rays in the room and almost completely retain the rear radiation, not permitting it to venture out. To put it differently, unlike film, glass has become the most heat-saving material, and this is one of the chief features of a good greenhouse.